Jun 17, 2008

Twilight vs The Host




Stephanie Meyer is, in my opinion, a fantastic writer, and I read everything she writes. For a long time I have been a Twilight (series) fanatic. Obsessing over Edward and reading the books over and over, and I swore that there was no book out there that I enjoyed more. Until I read the Host. The Host was AMAZING! I loved everything about it...it even made me cry. I liked the angle from which the Host was told (from the nonhuman point) and the concept was just mind boggling. At first I wasn't even sure if I would like it, but once I started reading I fell in love with the characters. Wanda, Mel, Ian, Kyle, Jared, Jeb, and JAMIE...my favorites...which isnt really narrowing it down but oh well. But with twilight....Jasper and Alice, Edward, bella, Jake... Twilight is such an overwhelmingly gripping and amazing story too, so I don't know which I like more. Maybe the Host. But that could just be because it's fresher in my mind. I love them both. Stephanie Meyer could probably get me to read anything. Before her I never would have touched a book about vampires...or a science fiction?? forget it. The idea was lost on me. Until her. So which of her books is better? Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse...or the Host? You might say I don't need to pick one over the other..that they're both awesome (which they are). But I'm a stubborn person who for some reason always seeks out the best and the better. One of my flaws, I know.

No comments:

Welcome to Not Jennifer...

A pointless place with a whole lot of reason.

The person who got this (blog) started is my mum. Without her I would have never known about this website. The reason that I keep it updated is due to her incessant queries as to why I havn't done anything with it, and my Mapa, who insists I do more with it to make it more exciting. I hope they're happy. : )