
As many know, today is the eve of the official release of the awaited fourth book in the Twilight saga, Breaking Dawn. I have been looking forward to reading this book for several months now, and am euphoric at the idea of finally getting my hands on a copy. But, to my great dismay, I will not be able to unveil the fate of Edward and Bella along with most others that have followed the series. A good number of fans are claiming their copies at midnight release parties or the next day at the break of dawn (haha). I, however, am not.
Believe it or not, this agony is self-inflicted. I pre-ordered my copy off Amazon, where it was selling for a much cheaper price than store-bought ones, but will also not be available to me for a few days after the release date. Why did I opt for the cheaper form of purchase?
Well, at the moment, my funds are very sparse, and I did not wish to spend all of my (meager) money supply on one book, when I have more necessary, if not desired, essentials to obtain with said money.
Every gain comes with a sacrifice, though, right? Was my uncharacteristic sensibility worth it? Will it be worth the wait if I have enabled myself to take care of more pressing matters? Ultimately: yes. It’s just that tomorrow, when the feeling of (again, self-imposed) ostracism washes over me, I doubt I will be a fan of my own prudence. : )
Believe it or not, this agony is self-inflicted. I pre-ordered my copy off Amazon, where it was selling for a much cheaper price than store-bought ones, but will also not be available to me for a few days after the release date. Why did I opt for the cheaper form of purchase?
Well, at the moment, my funds are very sparse, and I did not wish to spend all of my (meager) money supply on one book, when I have more necessary, if not desired, essentials to obtain with said money.
Every gain comes with a sacrifice, though, right? Was my uncharacteristic sensibility worth it? Will it be worth the wait if I have enabled myself to take care of more pressing matters? Ultimately: yes. It’s just that tomorrow, when the feeling of (again, self-imposed) ostracism washes over me, I doubt I will be a fan of my own prudence. : )
No comments:
Post a Comment