Ultimately, Aee is my Aunt, but she can also be my friend. Sometimes it gets a little hard for me to differentiate, so I always have to remind myself to give her the same respect that I would give any other adult with the same authority. But that's just an example of how much she means to me. I can relate to her, and talk to her like one of my friends, but still get the ever-present unconditional love of an aunt, who will always be there for me.
We have this joke, Aee and I, where she's always saying how she wouldn't have let Mom marry Dad if she knew I came in the package, or how she's going to swap me for a new niece, and naturally , I joke back likewise. But everyone knows that you tease people because you love them. And that the more you tease them, the more you love them. Which could explain her sadistic and torturous ways... And everyone who knows us also knows that, much to Aee's disappointment, she'll never be able to shake me. I'll always be there looking up to her... or down, rather, if you want to get physical : ).
Even if we joke otherwise, I know for a fact that if I had known, before Mom and Dad got married, how great our relationship would be, and how amazing it would be to have Aee there, that I would have been itching for the moment when Aee officially became my Aunt. When I knew she would start being a constant in my life.
I love when she's around for countless reasons obviously, but one of them is because she's usually very happy, and full of life. And, maybe it's just me, but it always seems that every time she's excited about something or wants to do something, it makes the people around her want to do it and participate too. So on top of all the other things she's brought into my life, she also makes me smile whenever she's around.
There are so many things I could say right now, an endless list of wonderful attributes that Aee possesses, but since this post was mainly for Aee's benefit, and because I know that she's already aware that I love her more than ever imaginable, I'm going to stop here.
Let's just say that I'm the only person that will ever take pride in the fact that they are called "Bratface".
1 comment:
I love you Bratface. I'm glad that you understand that when I am teasing you.. it's just because I love you. I know I always tease that if I knew my sister married your dad you would be part of the package then I would have tried anything to break that up... but honestly my life would be missing a big chunk if you were not in it. Who would I tease? Who would I beat up when I'm in Tampa? Gosh it would be soo boring without you. I really do love you, and I'm glad to say that you are my niece!!! I'm proud of you because you are growing up to be a very beautiful, intelligent girl...! You're almost as tall as me ; ) (when I have my heels on) hehe I love you Bratface!!!
LOVE
Your AMAZING BEAUTIFUL SMART GORGEOUS WONDERFUL TALENTED
AEE!!!!!
Post a Comment