
I have not blogged in quite a while, or at least not recently enough to satisfy my Mom. My last post, as you can see, is titled Anticipation, and apparently Mom is now anticipating something herself. My next post. Well I am now glad to announce that her seemingly endless wait will presently cease.
The reason I haven't been efficient enough for her taste is that I am forever clueless of what to write about. When I ask for suggestions Mom just tells me to write about random things, or look at other people's blogs to see what they post about. So I did. I went blog surfing, and of course the first blog I always check out is hers.
It has been said that if people tell the same lie repeatedly to themselves with enough passion, that they will eventually believe what they are thinking, despite the fact that is is not true. I think this is what happened with my Mom and her firm denial about her collecting the lovely Willow Tree figurines. As I said before, when searching blogs for inspiration, I looked at hers. It was then that I was reminded of one of her more recent posts exclaiming that she does not collect Willow Tree.
In case you don't know, Willow Tree's are little models and plaques symbolizing family and love and things of that nature. Since she bought her first one for herself, people started giving Willow Tree merchandise to my mom as gifts, figuring she liked it. They figured right, and eventually the few gifts triggered new needs. Most of the new figurines naturally needed companions to showcase what they were symbolizing properly. So the small number of purchases quickly grew into an abundance of tiny little people perched in alcoves and book cases all around the house. Mom is constantly looking for ones to complete our family collection or to compliment the numerous ones we already have stationed in our home.
So, clearly, this is a bit more than just buying a few decorations, but (I have to give her this) is not quite an obsession, it is merely a collection.
~~
This post was not written to offend, or label anyone a liar; It was just written as a harmless contradiction to one of Mom's most recent posts. : )
2 comments:
If I had known that my daughter was going to put out total rubbish, I never would have encouraged her blog. I am not labeling anyone a liar, but the fact is, my daughter bought me the first Willow Tree plaque. She started this madness. Let it be known...I DO NOT COLLECT Willow Tree.
Jenny's Mom
And yet...the first thing her mother said to me after reading her (the mother's) blog is "Did you see the ones I want? Aren't they perfect?" Yes...they are perfect. She is not lying....nor is her daugher. ;) And I do agree, it's a collection...still fun. Obsessions are boring.
Jenny's Mapa...Hayley's Mom
Post a Comment