Jul 16, 2008

The big one's the brake pedal right?

It started out as an insignificant trip to Walgreens to pick up some essentials, but was slowly morphed into an unexpected venture to a deserted parking lot that Mom thought of as the ideal place for me to be put behind the wheel for the first time. Being that I had never driven before, It was a bit nerve-wracking. All the turns and curbs and parking-space-dividers were quite intimidating, and reminded me just how capable of destruction I was at that very moment.

It took a few tries, but eventually I realized that it was not necessary to do anything more than merely skim the gas pedal to accelerate, unless testing the car's flying abilities. I think it was a smooth drive despite the few lurches when more pressure was put on the brakes than called for, and the couple of lapses over to the other lane.

Needless to say, I survived, and thankfully, so did Mom and Nicholas. Hopefully soon I'll have more exciting stories to tell about my trips on the road.

1 comment:

Mapa said...

Just think..one day you will be able to drive up to see us by yourself! Look out, Little Dairy Mannner!!

Welcome to Not Jennifer...

A pointless place with a whole lot of reason.

The person who got this (blog) started is my mum. Without her I would have never known about this website. The reason that I keep it updated is due to her incessant queries as to why I havn't done anything with it, and my Mapa, who insists I do more with it to make it more exciting. I hope they're happy. : )